Supports the development of the portfolio strategy for the businesses within the segment. Provides input to changes in the strategic direction of the businesses as appropriate to increase profitability. Helps translate strategic direction into management processes, frameworks and tools to align with and drive execution, resulting in improved business performance. Leads/facilitates execution of key strategic growth initiatives (both organic and inorganic) from identification to deal/project execution, working in concert with internal business and Corporate Strategy resources.
• Assists in the creation and maintenance of the strategy and financial framework to guide business direction. Provides input to market segment, technology and asset strategies. Provides advice regarding shifts in strategy to accomplish the best competitive position and future growth.
• Engages with key business and corporate stakeholders to develop, implement and improve business management processes, tracking and communication of initiatives, operating plans and KPIs throughout the organization. Leverages best practice concepts such as Hoshin, X Matrix, Balanced Scorecard, etc…
• Works collaboratively with corporate and regional business resources to understand and explore opportunities that benefit Cabot and the segment as a whole.
• Generates/develops business cases and facilitates internal/external diligence leading to successful project/deal execution, working in concert with internal business and as necessary, Corporate Strategy resources.
• Develops complex financial models (i.e. cashflow, NPV, IRR) with sensitivity analysis to evaluate both organic and inorganic strategic opportunities and support business case.
• Strong knowledge of strategic business analysis concepts and techniques.
• Broad knowledge of business segment portfolio of products and technology platforms; relevant marketplace and trends in the market that impact the businesses in the segment.
• Strong research and analytical skills; ability to review and interpret input and provide insights. Knows how and where to extract information needed to test and validate assumptions.
• Business development mindset; ability to seek out and identify opportunities where Cabot can provide solutions to current or future needs of customers.
• Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and adept at creating complex multi variable financial models in excel and/or other software (e.g. Crystal Ball).
• Strong communications and presentation skills. Ability to package and present a business case in clear and convincing manner. Speaks clearly and convincingly.
• Master’s degree in Business. Undergraduate in finance or technical/scientific field.
• 3-5 years post MBA experience in market related and/or strategic planning roles in industry, consulting and/or investment banking.
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.